Southwest Surgical Center is committed to greater transparency in health care. Data transparency provides everyone with honest, accurate, accessible information about the quality of care provided at the Southwest Surgical Center. Whenever possible, we compare our results to the average result for Ambulatory Surgery Centers nation-wide. This helps you to compare our performance with similar facilities so that you can make informed decisions about where it is best to receive your health care.
Southwest Surgical Center quality data are measurements that define the level of care we provide. They allow us to regularly assess our performance and to seek out ways to improve. Southwest Surgical Center measures quality in several ways.
- Patient and Family Satisfaction – Feedback regarding Southwest Surgical Center patient and family experiences helps us to discover strengths and areas that need improvement.
- Quality and Safety Outcomes of the Care we Provide – Measuring standardized aspects of surgical care provided at Southwest Surgical Center helps us to evaluate and improve the care provided to patients. We measure our own outcomes and report them to health care advocacy groups such as the Ambulatory Surgical Center Association (ASCA).
It is important to know that…
- We do not decide which results or outcomes to publish based on how it makes us look.
- We display good and poor results similarly.
- Our quality indicator inclusion/exclusion criteria and definitions are consistent with or identical to the current criteria and language used by the Ambulatory Surgery Association, government, or other data collection organization from which the indicator was established.
- If you have questions or feedback about our quality information, please contact us at 616-685-3975.
- Very attractive modern facility
- Excellent, hands down. NOTHING like this facility in Lansing area which is why I chose Grand Rapids.
- Everything about this experience was beyond excellent. From check in, pre-op., surgery, post op. Awesome.
- Already have recommended your facility to others.
- Thank you again for the extra care!
- The nurses were wonderful! Friendliest I’ve seen in a long time, the IV RN was very skilled.
- The registration lady was wonderful! She was so inviting and just overall seemed very caring.
- We had a wonderful experience. We were nervous parents and your staff was so caring, helpful & knowledgeable it put our minds at ease. Thank you!
- We appreciated the fact that there were no TV’s being turned off & on & distracting both patient & staff.
- Everyone was very friendly and sincerely concerned for my well being.
- I was impressed with the facility and appreciated the ease of access and professional environment. So much easier than going downtown.
- If surgery is needed I cannot imagine anything better. First class all the way.
- My experience was excellent from the courtesy of the receptionist to the nurses to the doctors.
- I think I would not go anywhere else after having a procedure at Southwest Surgical Center! I don’t feel my experience would ever be as great!
- The girls were ready to help us get registered in your system and very willing to answer questions we had. Very calming especially for elder patients.
- Love Southwest Surgical. Long overdue in this area.
- Considering this was my first surgery ever, the experience could not have been better. Many thanks to all of you for making the experience such a positive one.